- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package sliced white mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 cup vegetable stock
- 1 package cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano
- Half bag baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion sautée for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, thyme and flour and cook until flour starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add Tortellini reduce the heat and simmer until the tortellini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the parmesan and spinach, let it wilt.
- Add the cream, season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
Matched with a garlic rubbed toasted baguette this is such a comforting meal and as with many creamy soups it thickens further and is always amazing the next day. I love to double this one up so there is plenty of leftovers.